Canal Street Spotlights: Jeff Brittain

New Orleans Saints Discussion Forum
StreetBlues

Canal Street Spotlights: Jeff Brittain

Image Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images This week, we interview Jeff, who talks about how he became a Saints fan and his favorite players! This week on Canal Street Spotlights, we interviewed Jeff Brittain about how he became a New Orleans Saints fan, his favorite players/moments, and more. CSC: Please tell us a bit about yourself and where you are from? JEFF: Live in Paris, a small town in Southern Ontario, Canada—about an hour from Toronto and Buffalo NY. 20+ years working in the broadcasting industry as a media compliance coordinator. Volunteer youth baseball coach. 3-time champion in my Fantasy Football League (I have to always brag about that!) I married my amazing wife in 2018 and kicked off our honeymoon attending the Saints vs. Cowboys game in 2018. Became a season ticket holder in 2023 and renewed for 2024! I have a “Who Dat” tattoo on my arm. According to my son, I make a great jambalaya (probably not up to Louisiana standards). Now as a season ticket holder, I plan to attend a few games a year. I have seen the Saints play in Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Dallas. Went to one training camp when they trained at the Greenbrier. CSC: How and why did you become a Saints fan? JEFF: 1980 (had to look it up). A family vacation in Miami. For some reason, we didn’t get on the flight... canceled or overbooked? I can’t remember. But we had to stay an extra night and the hotel we stayed in the New Orleans Saints stayed there also. I vividly remember two things. 1. A huge banner in the lobby welcoming the Saints to the hotel and Miami. 2. Entering the elevator with my grandmother and 3 players, and my grandmother worried we were over the weight limit of the elevator because the 3 players were huge!! All 3 laughed and replied should be no issues with all of us in the elevator. CSC: Who is your favorite Saints player? (Past or present) JEFF: Gosh, so many to pick... my first jersey was Dalton Hilliard, or do I say the Canadian player, Rueben Mayes. Of course, we have Drew or current Saints are Kamara or Jordan... but if I have to go with one it’s Sam Mills. CSC: Favorite moment in Saints history so far? JEFF: This is easy, Superbowl 44. World Champs!! But besides the Superbowl, I would pick Alvin Kamara’s 6 TD game on Christmas Day. Thank you again to Jeff for taking the time to chat with us and feel free to follow him @WhoDatJeffB on Twitter. Do you want to be our next featured fan on Canal Street Spotlights? Message us on Twitter, Facebook or email your story to canalstreetchronicles@sbnation.com

Source: https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2 ... f-brittain