Titans News: DeAndre Hopkins: Justin Jefferson should get $40 million per year

Latest breaking news on the Tennessee Titans
TitanKing

Titans News: DeAndre Hopkins: Justin Jefferson should get $40 million per year

As teams around the NFL were throwing money around during the first day of the legal tampering period of free agency, Tennessee Titans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins threw his support behind Minnesota Vikings wideout, Justin Jefferson. The wide receiver market was quiet on Day 1, with the Jacksonville Jaguars’ signing of former Buffalo Bills wideout Gabriel Davis (three years, $39 million) being the biggest deal at the position of the entire day. Hours after that deal was agreed upon, Hopkins took to social media to say that, after looking at some of the big money spent early on at different positions in free agency, it justifies Jefferson getting $40 million per. Seeing these deals and Knowing football bc I “play” and not just blah blah is why I really think @JJettas2 is worth 40 million a year. — Deandre Hopkins (@DeAndreHopkins) March 11, 2024 Some took that as a shot at Davis’ deal, but I don’t think that’s what DHop was getting at. He was simply talking about the free-agent landscape in general, which saw big bucks spent on Day 1. Jefferson is the best wideout in the NFL and one of the very best players, regardless of position, in the NFL. He’s also the face of a franchise that just lost its starting quarterback in Kirk Cousins, who is reportedly expected to sign with the Atlanta Falcons. If there’s any wideout you could justify paying $40 million per year, which is $10 million more annually than any other receiver in the league, it’s Jefferson. Derrick Henry reacts to agreeing to deal with RavensRavens agree to terms with RB Derrick HenryTitans 'still actively exploring' trade for Chiefs CB L'Jarius SneedDerrick Henry 'on Texans radar' in free agencyTitans showing 'preliminary interest' in QB Jameis Winston
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Titans Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Titans Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2024/03 ... 0-million/