Texans News: Jets DL Quinnen Williams says he's not a dirty player after big hit on C.J. Stroud

Latest break news on the Houston Texans
OilerGuy
Site Admin

Texans News: Jets DL Quinnen Williams says he's not a dirty player after big hit on C.J. Stroud

Houston Texans quarterback C.J. Stroud is in the NFL’s concussion protocol after a big hit from New York Jets defensive lineman Quinnen Williams in Week 14. The hit took Stroud out of the game, and now his status for Week 15 is in question. Williams appeared to knock Stroud to the ground after he released the ball but wasn’t called for roughing the passer. Following the game, Williams took to social media to offer his prayers for Stroud’s recovery. He also explained that he wasn’t trying to hurt Stroud on the play and that he isn’t a dirty player. I pray CJ is ok, everyone know I’m not a dirty player or trying to hurt a great, Elite QB like him or any player in the league. I play hard and I play fair. Again I pray CJ is ok and wish him nothing but the best. – Q ImageImage — Quinnen Williams (@QuinnenWilliams) December 10, 2023 It’s unclear if Williams will receive any punishment from the NFL for the hit, but the officials deemed it a legal action at the time. Williams hit Stroud in his chest before the quarterback fell backgrounds from the force and slammed his head into the turf. Stroud injured pic.twitter.com/QD77TuDGVG — Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) December 10, 2023 Stroud’s availability will be crucial for the Texans in Week 15 and moving forward. Houston would likely lean on Davis Mills to start in his place against the Tennessee Titans if Stroud can’t clear the protocol by Saturday. Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Texans Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Texans Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... -j-stroud/