Texans News: Texans LB Blake Cashman excited to face former team

Latest break news on the Houston Texans
OilerGuy
Site Admin

Texans News: Texans LB Blake Cashman excited to face former team

Sunday’s matchup between the Houston Texans and New York Jets will have a special meaning for some Texans players who previously played for the Jets, including linebacker Blake Cashman, who was selected in the fifth round of the 2019 NFL Draft by New York. After dealing with multiple injuries during his first two seasons, Cashman was traded to the Texans for a sixth-round pick during the offseason. Revenge will not be on Cashman’s mind when he steps on the field, but he is eager to show how he has grown as a player. “I am really excited about it,” Cashman told Texans Wire about his return to MetLife Stadium to play his former team. “I get an opportunity to compete against people I worked with, former teammates, guys I worked with, coaches I shared the meeting room with.” “Those people helped make me the person and player I am. As a competitor, I am excited about it, and I just want to go there and play my best football.” Cashman has been a vital piece of the Texans’ defense, which has helped their team stay within reach of potentially making the playoffs and an outside shot at winning the AFC South. He was recognized as AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his Week 6 performance against the New Orleans Saints, where he notched a career-high 15 tackles (nine solo). In 11 games played this season, he has a career-high 82 tackles, which includes three games of double-digit tackles. That is a testament to how he has been used by head coach DeMeco Ryans this season. “I have to give credit to the coaching staff,” said Cashman. “They have done a great job with everyone by simplifying the details, which has allowed guys to pick up the basic fundamentals of this scheme quicker, and that gives guys confidence, and you are able to start taking the next step. I had some familiarity with the defense and a lot of great players around me, and I think that plays a factor as well.” Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Texans Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Texans Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... rmer-team/