An emotional Drew Lock on winning TD: ‘I’ll remember that play call for the rest of my life’

Seattle Seahawks Discussion Forum
CalHawks

An emotional Drew Lock on winning TD: ‘I’ll remember that play call for the rest of my life’

Drew Lock reflects on the season-saving victory over the Eagles. Drew Lock stepped up for the Seattle Seahawks when they needed him the most. With the season on the line and Geno Smith on the mend, the former Missouri Tigers star delivered. He delivered this game-winning touchdown pass to rookie first round pick Jaxon Smith-Njigba.

He knew what he was stepping into when he got the starting nod going against a 10-3 Philadelphia Eagles team; and he didn’t flinch. He played with poise and efficiency, doing exactly what was needed during a time of... need. And he barely had any warning that he was going to start, as Geno Smith remained questionable leading up to the game. His response? “Roll the dice baby, let’s go.” Just like the United States Postal Workers, he delivered during the holiday season.

While his final statline is certainly respectable (22 of 33 for 208 yards and 1 touchdown), his performance isn’t reflected entirely in the box score. In a moment of synergy and synchronicity between passer, playcaller, and pass catcher, we got to witness one of the most exciting moments of the Seahawks season thus far. And it wasn’t a fluke; in fact, this was something in design prior to breaking the huddle. As you can hear in the clip below, Jaxon Smith-Njigba was already in sync with his QB when he headed to the line. To paraphrase: “I said ‘hey Jax, if you’re one-on-one, I’m throwing you this pill.”

Below is a clip of Lock reflecting on the performance of himself and the team following their emotional victory over the Eagles. “It’s been a long time. … I’m just blessed".
\

“I’ll remember that play call for the rest of my life,” Lock said in an emotional interview with ESPN’s Lisa Salters. With this victory, the Seahawks clawed their way back into playoff contention with a .500 record. There are only three games remaining in the season — this team has little margin for error. This game helped to soften the edges on that margin just a bit, and that is exactly what Seattle needed. Drew Lock put everything he had into this game, and it was enough to bring the Hawks back to life after a seriously rough losing streak. For now, that is enough. Enough for me to remember this for the rest of my life too.

Source: https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/12/18/2 ... hia-eagles