Tyrann Mathieu named 2023 Saints Man of the Year

New Orleans Saints Discussion Forum
StreetBlues

Tyrann Mathieu named 2023 Saints Man of the Year

Image Photo by Todd Kirkland/Getty Images Mathieu will be the team’s nominee for the NFL’s Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. The New Orleans Saints have announced that safety Tyrann Mathieu has been named the team’s 2023 Man of the Year, which makes him their nominee for the National Football League Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. The award is the league’s most prestigious honor and acknowledges NFL players who excel on the field and demonstrate a passion for creating a lasting positive impact beyond the game in their communities. This is the 2nd time that Mathieu has been a nominee. He was first nominated in 2021 by the Kansas City Chiefs. New Orleans Saints owner Gayle Benson said, “Tyrann Mathieu represents what it means to be a New Orleans Saint. We are proud to nominate him for this year’s Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. The Walter Payton Man of the Year award honors the top NFL player committed to not only his work on the field, but more importantly, what he does off of it. Tyrann reflects the spirit of this award in the highest way. Being a New Orleans native, he is an outstanding role model and inspiration to our city’s youth. Even prior to joining the Saints, Tyrann has been involved in a wide range of community initiatives in New Orleans. Since joining our team, his impact has only grown with the wide range of community initiatives he has been involved in. It is amazing to see all the wonderful work he has done and will continue to do.” Mathieu, a Louisiana native, signed a 3-year deal with the Saints in 2022. He attended St. Augustine High School and Louisiana State University. Mathieu established his “Tyrann Mathieu Foundation” with a mission to impact the lives of financially disadvantaged children and youth through encouragement, opportunities and resources to achieve their dreams in his hometown of New Orleans. Mathieu said of the nomination, “Being the recipient for the New Orleans Saints and getting honored is truly amazing. Having an impact in my hometown as well as every community I have played in has been a goal of mine since I was drafted. While the honor is great and I would love to win the whole thing, at the end of the day it’s about the work you do within your community to influence people and foster change. I’ve been very blessed and fortunate to have played the sport professionally for the past 11 years that has been my first love since being a youth. Part of living that dream has been to be a positive influence on my community, especially the youth. To have been nominated for this prestigious award a second time is a huge honor, especially now as a member of the Saints, where I have relished the opportunity to make a positive impact in my hometown.” To learn more about Mathieu’s foundation, go to Tyrann Mathieu Foundation

Source: https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2 ... f-the-year