Raiders News: Davante Adams committed to Antonio Pierce, Raiders: 'If I wanted to be gone, I'd be gone'

Latest breaking new on the Las Vegas Raiders
Oakland99
Site Admin

Raiders News: Davante Adams committed to Antonio Pierce, Raiders: 'If I wanted to be gone, I'd be gone'

There was some speculation coming into this offseason as to whether Davante Adams would want to stick around with the Raiders. After all, the Raiders had a new head coach and were looking headed for their sixth starting QB in Adams’s third season with the team. So, naturally you might expect Adams might want to leave for something more established. In particular the thinking was the 31-year-old might want to reunite with Aaron Rodgers in New York. Today at Adams’s youth football camp, he was asked about these perceptions and where he stands on it, and he made his feelings pretty clear. Adams: "If I wanted to be gone, I'd be gone by now. … This is where I want to be." https://t.co/bVr2jyvwiz — Tashan Reed (@tashanreed) April 14, 2024 Adams also made it clear that he isn’t just along for the ride with Antonio Pierce, but rather that he was among those who wanted Pierce to get the job. .@tae15adams – whose youth camp is underway at Spring Valley HS – gives his thoughts on @AntonioPierce getting hired as #Raiders head coach. pic.twitter.com/XiIxIbxhn9 — Heidi Fang (@HeidiFang) April 14, 2024 “A couple of us were vocal about how we felt and to make sure we got what we needed and what was best for the team,” Adams said of Pierce. “I’m not just doing it to go hang out with him, he’s a great coach, great guy, and he’s obviously a great fit for this team. So, I’m looking forward to it.” By this point, most were figuring Adams was not leaving. Mainly because trades like that usually happen around the start of free agency. However, until the draft is complete, the question would still linger. For Adams’s part, he’s made his intentions clear. He’s riding with the Raiders and whoever the QB is this year. Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Raiders Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Raiders Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... d-be-gone/