Patriots News: Robert Kraft releases statement on Bill Belichick's departure

Latest breaking news on the New England Patriots
MadMax

Patriots News: Robert Kraft releases statement on Bill Belichick's departure

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft made a statement encapsulating his feelings for Bill Belichick, after both sides agreed to mutually part ways on Thursday. Belichick leaves the organization after 24 years as both head coach and general manager. This marks a changing of the guard for the Patriots in what is one of the most historically significant days in franchise history. Now, New England will begin their search for a new coach and start a new chapter in the organization. Kraft gave heartfelt praise to Belichick in a statement released by the Patriots. “At heart, I will always be a sentimental sports fan. So, this is an emotional day for me,” the statement read. “Some of my happiest and most memorable moments were celebrated with my family during Bill’s tenure here. I recognize that it is an emotional day for many, as it represents an end of an era, one that will always be celebrated in this region.” Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft on Head Coach Bill Belichick. pic.twitter.com/gHFZxGyo4D — New England Patriots (@Patriots) January 11, 2024 Time will tell who New England’s next coach will be. Nevertheless, the team is entering into unfamiliar territory in looking for a head coach for the first time since 2000. Here's what Mac Jones said on Bill Belichick-Patriots splitReport: With Bill Belichick gone, Patriots not expected to hire new GMReport: Patriots free agent now wants to stay because of Jerod Mayo hiring Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Patriots Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Patriots Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2024/ ... departure/