Patriots News: Bill Belichick lauds Rodney Harrison as best safety he has coached

Latest breaking news on the New England Patriots
MadMax

Patriots News: Bill Belichick lauds Rodney Harrison as best safety he has coached

Former New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison was named a Pro Football Hall of Fame finalist earlier this week. His former coach, Bill Belichick, had high praise for him on Friday afternoon. Harrison had a stellar career with the Patriots. In six seasons with the team, he recorded 446 tackles and was named a first-team All-Pro in 2003. He also helped the team win two Super Bowls. Belichick was not shy on praise for Harrison on Friday, as his team gets set to take on the Buffalo Bills. “Best safety I’ve ever coached. There’s a couple other ones that I’ve coached that are in the Hall of Fame. Fantastic player, person, great competitor. Could do it all, one of the most versatile players I’ve ever coached. He could cover, he really could play corner.  He was a great blitzer, he was a great tackler. He was really, really hard to block.” Bill Belichick on Pro Football Hall of Fame finalist @Rodney_Harrison: Best safety I’ve ever coached … on my all-time team. pic.twitter.com/vwY27Ea01a — Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) December 29, 2023 Harrison was an integral part of the Patriots defense for six years, before hanging up the cleats following the 2008 season. Now, he will get a chance to be part of more than just Patriots history. The Patriots currently have 11 members in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and Harrison will have the opportunity to be the 12th entry in 2024. Christian Barmore reveals jersey exchange that nearly made him cryBill Belichick makes strong Hall of Fame case for ST Matthew SlaterJames White suggests former Super Bowl champion QB sign with Patriots Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Patriots Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Patriots Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2023/ ... y-coached/