Patriots News: ESPN analyst believes Bill Belichick is still Super Bowl-caliber coach

Latest breaking news on the New England Patriots
MadMax

Patriots News: ESPN analyst believes Bill Belichick is still Super Bowl-caliber coach

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick is having a rough go of things this season. The team currently sits with a 3-10 record and holds the second overall pick in the 2024 NFL draft. Rumors have been swirling for the past couple of months in regards to Belichick’s future in New England. However, ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky believes the legendary coach is still a Super Bowl-caliber coach. The Patriots have played well in some aspects this season and have sharpened up defensively.  The defensive side of the ball has been Belichick’s calling card throughout the course of his coaching career, and this year has been no different. The unit has been particularly strong against the run, only allowing 88.2 yards per game. The defensive consistency is one of the main reasons Orlovsky believes Belichick is still a high-caliber coach. He elaborated on WEEI’s “Jones and Mego”. “I think coach-wise, he’s a coach that you can win a Super Bowl with still,” Orlovsky said. “Just watch the defense play. I thought the defense was going to fall off this year after the [Christian] Gonzalez injury and Matt Judon, and they’re still playing at a pretty darn high level. “The offensive stuff obviously hasn’t gone well, and I don’t know how much of that is lack of talent and how much of that is Bill’s plan. But I still sit here and say that he’s one of those handful of coaches that you without a doubt can win a Super Bowl with as your leader.” Is Bill Belichick still a top 5 coach? @danorlovsky7 says Bill Belichick can still lead a team to a Super Bowl! pic.twitter.com/6MdDthaMTK — Jones & Mego with Arcand (@JonesandMego) December 13, 2023 Orlovsky certainly has a point about New England’s defensive prowess. The offensive side of the football is a bit of a different story. The Patriots are currently ranked 28th in total offense with 291.4 yards per game. It will be interesting to see what happens to Belichick after the season with the team continuing to freefall. Julian Edelman brutally buries Alex Smith for Tom Brady-Patriots dissChiefs will be without key offensive playmaker against PatriotsPatriots Week 15 injury report: Who was ruled out vs Chiefs? Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Patriots Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Patriots Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2023/ ... ber-coach/