Christian Barmore ready to elevate his game to another level after contract extension

New England Patriots Discussion Forum
PatNation

Christian Barmore ready to elevate his game to another level after contract extension

Image Photo by Kathryn Riley/Getty Images Barmore inked a four-year extension with the team this offseason. The New England Patriots put an emphasis on taking care on their own players this offseason. That included signing defensive lineman Christian Barmore to a massive four-year extension with a maximum value of $92 million. The deal marks the largest contract ever handed out by the organization to a player not named Tom Brady. “Feels good,” Barmore said Monday. “Feels real good... It’s a blessing.” After battling injuries for much of the 2022 season, a healthier Barmore became a three-down game wrecker for New England’s front last year. That included recording a career-high 8.5 sacks to pair with a career-high 40 run stops, as now defensive coordinator DeMarcus Covington called him a “complete player” last season. “Just being consistent and taking care of your body. The days you don’t want to go in you got to go in, it’s days that count,” Barmore said of his ‘23 season. “Keep grinding everyday. Some days you’re going to be hurt, some days you’re not going to be feeling it, you got to make yourself strive to be the best. Just keep working hard.” With a new deal now in hand, Barmore plans to elevate his game to another level. “My goal is to take my game to another level, and just be bigger than ever,” he said. “Be a baller. Let my game speak for itself. Just doing everything my coaches tell me to do and be the guy for my teammates.” “No [added pressure],” he added. “Just play football. Play my game like I always do.” His plan to do so was rather simple. “Playing everywhere on the D-line,” Barmore said. “Everywhere I go, just dominate. That’s my goal” Barmore’s time to start his dominance began Monday as the Patriots began their organized team activities in a hot Foxboro. Despite recently inking a new deal, it was no question whether the 24-year old would be out there with the rest of his teammates. “Love my team, love my coaches,” he said. “I love training with my guys, having fun and talking smack. Just having fun.”

Source: https://www.patspulpit.com/2024/5/22/24 ... -extension