Patriots News: Here's what Mac Jones said on Bill Belichick-Patriots split

Latest breaking news on the New England Patriots
MadMax

Patriots News: Here's what Mac Jones said on Bill Belichick-Patriots split

New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones posted a heartfelt message to former coach Bill Belichick on Instagram, following Wednesday’s split between Belichick and the Patriots. “Coach Belichick has made such a big impact on my life,” Jones posted. “I grew up dreaming of playing in the NFL and that dream grew even stronger after I watched Coach Belichick and the Patriots win the Super Bowl in my hometown. “My dream to play in the NFL came true when I was drafted to the Patriots organization and I am grateful to have played for and learned from such a legendary coach. Coach Belichick has impacted me and so many other players in immeasurable ways. I wish Coach Belichick and his family continued success in the future. #ForeverNE” Jones was the 15th overall selection in the 2021 NFL draft. The Alabama product has recorded over 8,000 passing yards, 46 touchdowns and 36 interceptions in a three-year career with New England. Jones added another connection between the Belichick and Nick Saban coaching tree. Now, he will enter the 2023 offseason looking to turn the page in his fourth year, wherever that may be. It will be interesting to see if Jones is part of the New England quarterback room next season. Things obviously didn’t work out for him under Belichick, but he’s still grateful to the former Patriots coach for getting his foot in the NFL door. Report: With Bill Belichick gone, Patriots not expected to hire new GMReport: Patriots free agent now wants to stay because of Jerod Mayo hiringJerod Mayo introductory press conference as Patriots head coach announced Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Patriots Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Patriots Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2024/ ... ots-split/