Patriots News: Report: Patriots staff members 'disappointed' by handling of Bill Belichick departure

Latest breaking news on the New England Patriots
MadMax

Patriots News: Report: Patriots staff members 'disappointed' by handling of Bill Belichick departure

The parting of ways with New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick marked the end of an era in New England. Several were stunned by the move, including members of the New England Patriots front office. They reportedly found out about the move via social media, per a report from the Boston Herald’s Doug Kyed. The Boston Sports Journal’s Mike Giardi followed up with a report stating a “handful of staffers” were “disappointed” by the way they found out. “A handful of staffers I’ve spoken with this morning are disappointed at the way they found that Belichick was gone – having to check their social media,” Giardi posted on Twitter. “But, by and large, expected that change was coming, though one told me, “the longer this played out – these last few days felt like an eternity – I let myself think, maybe we got a chance.” A handful of staffers I've spoken with this morning are disappointed at the way they found that Belichick was gone – having to check their social media. But, by and large, expected that change was coming, though one told me, "the longer this played out – these last few days felt… — Mike Giardi (@MikeGiardi) January 11, 2024 Belichick’s tenure as coach of the Patriots organization ends after 24 seasons. New England finished 2023 with a 4-13 record, which was their worst mark since 2000. Now, the organization will look towards the future. The team currently holds the third overall pick in the 2024 NFL draft, along with a bevy of cap space to work with in free agency. It’s safe to say that Belichick leaving is a decision that shocked everyone in some shape or form, including those within the organization. One has to wonder what the future will look like for the Patriots, as they enter a new era. Report: Patriots already had succession plan in place with Jerod MayoLeBron James and other athletes react to Bill Belichick leaving PatriotsTom Brady refers to Bill Belichick as the GOAT in heartfelt message Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Patriots Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Patriots Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2024/ ... departure/