Patriots News: Report: Teams 'sniffing around' for Bill Belichick's availability

Latest breaking news on the New England Patriots
MadMax

Patriots News: Report: Teams 'sniffing around' for Bill Belichick's availability

It’s that time of year where the rumor mill starts turning, and there are reportedly teams already sniffing around on the availability of New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick. Belichick and the Patriots are currently 3-11 and sitting with the second overall draft pick in the 2024 NFL draft. Boston Sports Journal’s Greg Bedard published a piece that took a look at several Patriots coaching candidates. There were interesting nuggets about current inside linebackers coach Jerod Mayo and also a connection to current Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel in the story. Beyond those two, there was also a report on other teams being connected to Belichick as well. Bedard wrote: “I know this for a fact: More than one organization has already been sniffing around Belichick. I don’t know if that means having contact with him directly, but I doubt it. Belichick’s no dummy. That would void his contract and, therefore, the leverage to script his own exit – which he very much wants.” The Washington Commanders and Los Angeles Chargers have been floated around as possible destinations. The Chargers fired head coach Brandon Staley last week, so that could be a potential opening. One thing is certain: It’s clear teams are beginning to sense that Belichick may be on the head coaching market at the end of the season. Bill Belichick claims nothing has changed regarding job statusHow to buy New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos Sunday Night Football ticketsPatriots reportedly land new QB and former third-round draft pick RB on Monday Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Patriots Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Patriots Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2023/ ... ilability/