Patriots News: Ezekiel Elliott likes playing for Bill Belichick for this reason

Latest breaking news on the New England Patriots
MadMax

Patriots News: Ezekiel Elliott likes playing for Bill Belichick for this reason

New England Patriots running back Ezekiel Elliott enjoys playing for coach Bill Belichick. Elliott signed a one-year deal with the team back in August, and he has filled in incredibly well in a backup role to running back Rhamondre Stevenson. He has tallied 497 yards and two touchdowns on 134 carries. The former Ohio State star has provided a one-two punch in the Patriots’ backfield. As the starter in last week’s win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, Elliott had 22 carries for 68 yards and added a receiving touchdown. He had seven receptions and 72 receiving yards overall on the evening. When speaking with the media, he praised Belichick’s tough coaching. “I mean, he’s definitely a tough coach,” said Elliott, via NESN’s Dakota Randall. “I think he’s a tough coach. But if you’re a tough player, then you like to be coached tough. And so, I think every day he holds everyone in this building to the highest level. “Everyone knows the standard. And I think he’s been consistent with that since I’ve been here, and I really respect that.” It remains to be seen if Elliott will come back to New England next season. He has been a productive, complementary piece in the offensive backfield, and he may provide a stabilizing force for a Patriots team undergoing change. Patriots Week 15 inactives: DeVante Parker IN, JuJu Smith-Schuster OUT vs ChiefsLatest report adds new layer to Bill Belichick's job status with PatriotsBetMGM Massachusetts Bonus Code SBWIRE - $1500 Promo for Chiefs-Patriots Odds, NFL Lines Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Patriots Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Patriots Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2023/ ... is-reason/