Chargers fire head coach Brandon Staley, GM Tom Telesco after 63-21 loss to Raiders

New England Patriots Discussion Forum
PatNation

Chargers fire head coach Brandon Staley, GM Tom Telesco after 63-21 loss to Raiders

Image Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports Less than 24 hours after getting blown out 63-21 on national television, the Los Angeles Chargers are cleaning house. As was announced by the organization on Friday, it has parted ways with both head coach Brandon Staley and general manager Tom Telesco. “I want to thank Tom and Brandon for their hard work, dedication and professionalism, and wish both them and their great families nothing but the best,” team owner Dean Spanos said in a statement. “These decisions are never easy, nor are they something I take lightly — especially when you consider the number of people they impact. “We are clearly not where we expect to be, however, and we need new vision. Doing nothing in the name of continuity was not a risk I was willing to take. Our fans have stood strong through so many ups and downs and close games. They deserve more. Frankly, they’ve earned more. Building and maintaining a championship-caliber program remains our ultimate goal. And reimagining how we achieve that goal begins today.” The Chargers hired Staley as their head coach in 2021. He did have some success early on, going 9-8 and 10-7 his first two years — including a trip to the playoffs in 2022 — but stumbled to a 5-9 start this season. He is leaving the club with a combined record of 24-25. Telesco, meanwhile, has been the club’s GM going back to its San Diego days. The Chargers posted a 84-92 regular season and 2-3 playoff record in his 11 seasons.

Source: https://www.patspulpit.com/new-england- ... ss-raiders