Patriots News: Julian Edelman brutally buries Alex Smith for Tom Brady-Patriots diss

Latest breaking news on the New England Patriots
MadMax

Patriots News: Julian Edelman brutally buries Alex Smith for Tom Brady-Patriots diss

You don’t talk about Tom Brady, unless you want to dance with “The Squirrel.” Former NFL quarterback Alex Smith clearly didn’t get that memo when he took an unexpected shot at Brady and the New England Patriots by accusing them of playing in “the most uncompetitive division in NFL history.” Patriots legend Julian Edelman heard that comment and saved that receipt, before finally unleashing on Smith during a recent appearance on 4th&1 with Cam Newton. “Alex Smith is not even that guy. He’s not even that kind of guy. He’s a nice guy. You’re not that guy, pal,” said Edelman. “You’re not that guy, Alex. Okay, man, I love watching the comeback commercials from the lake. The story, I love the rebirth of your career. You’re not that guy to talk about the GOAT like that. It’s not you, pal. It’s not you. “…At the end, Alex Smith did real well. He had that playoff game in the long run, but [Colin] Kaepernick came in and took it. And then he came over and played the Chiefs. We played him a couple of times in the playoffs and knocked him out. So, I mean, it was easy to get there, I guess, but you were part of that road. You just got to follow the yellow bricks on the yellow brick road.” Edelman makes a great point about the playoff games, which people tend to overlook. Regardless of the journey, which was way tougher than Smith makes it seem like, the Patriots typically dominated the opposition in the postseason as well. Smith is clearly a part of that path carved by the greatest dynasty in NFL history, and Edelman is making sure he remembers it. Chiefs will be without key offensive playmaker against PatriotsPatriots Week 15 injury report: Who was ruled out vs Chiefs?Patriots rising rookie WR Demario Douglas clears concussion protocol Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Patriots Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Patriots Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2023/ ... iots-diss/