Bill Belichick in no mood to talk about his future in light of recent rumors

New England Patriots Discussion Forum
PatNation

Bill Belichick in no mood to talk about his future in light of recent rumors

Image Nathan Ray Seebeck-USA TODAY Sports New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick held his weekly Wednesday press conference at Gillette Stadium on Monday morning, and he was in no mood to talk about his future. Belichick was asked three questions about the issue in light of a new rumor that team owner Robert Kraft had already decided to move on from him after the season. The answers went as expected: Q: Is it your understanding that Robert will not ask you to be back next season? BB: “Yeah, I’m getting ready for Kansas City. That’s what I’m doing.” Q: Do you want to keep coaching? Is that something you want to continue to do? BB: “Yeah, I’m getting ready for Kansas City.” Q: Have you and Robert discussed your future beyond this season? BB: “I’m getting ready for Kansas City.” According to Tom E. Curran of NBC Sports, the Patriots decided to move on from Belichick after the team’s 10-6 loss to the Indianapolis Colts in Frankfurt, Germany. That game dropped the team to 2-9 on the year, and saw quarterback Mac Jones benched in crunch time. Belichick is the NFL’s longest-tenured coach, joining the Patriots in 2000. Since then, he has led the team to an unprecedented run of success that included all six of the franchise’s Super Bowl wins. The last four seasons, however, the team has made the playoffs only once. At the moment, the 3-10 squad is headed for a top-2 selection in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Source: https://www.patspulpit.com/new-england- ... t-patriots