Coping With Loss: Coping With Loss Edition

New England Patriots Discussion Forum
PatNation

Coping With Loss: Coping With Loss Edition

Image Brian Fluharty-USA TODAY Sports I’m putting this series out to pasture for the rest of the year. The Chargers game finally did it. I’m throwing in the towel. This will be my last Coping With Loss article of the season. There’s just no point, and the purpose of this series was always to look for positives in the four to six losses the team suffered every year in order to maintain some optimism. But this team is just so bad, and we’re all so accustomed to losing each and every week by now, that there just doesn’t seem to be any real reason for me to arbitrarily find five positives just for the sake of getting an article up. Most New England Patriots fans are actively rooting for losses by now anyway, so the whole thing seems counterintuitive. The only real positive is the draft position, and there’s always a separate article about that anyway, so it’s time to take the 2023 Coping With Loss out behind the barn and put it out of its misery. The plan for sure is to be back in 2024 with this series should losses actually matter for the Patriots, which we’re all hoping they will; that team will (hopefully) have a new quarterback; a ton of new talent acquired via their large amount of cap space, and coming into an AFC that seems to be leveling out at the top. But for now, for my sake as well as all of yours, I’m pulling the plug on Coping With Loss. We’ve all coped and then some by now, so no need to keep on coping. Five games to go.

Source: https://www.patspulpit.com/2023/12/5/23 ... fl-week-13