Patriots News: Patriots TE Mike Gesicki shows support for QB Mac Jones

Latest breaking news on the New England Patriots
MadMax

Patriots News: Patriots TE Mike Gesicki shows support for QB Mac Jones

New England Patriots tight end Mike Gesicki still supports quarterback Mac Jones, who was demoted to the scout team at Wednesday’s practice. Quarterback Bailey Zappe has taken the starting reps, and The Athletic’s Jeff Howe reported that the team was preparing to start Zappe on Sunday. As of now, there has been no definitive role for Jones for the upcoming game against the Los Angeles Chargers. Jones struggled in last Sunday’s game against the New York Giants. He went 12-of-21 on the afternoon, throwing for 89 yards and two interceptions. He was benched for the fourth time this season and second time in back-to-back games. Gesicki had nothing but good things to say about his quarterback on Wednesday, as transcribed by NESN.com’s Zack Cox. “I’ll never have anything negative to say about Mac,” Gesicki said. “He’s the same guy that reached out to me the day after I signed here. He’s the same guy that had me over to his house. He’s the same guy that has led us through good and led us through adversity. “He’s the same guy, and I think that he deserves a ton of credit for the way that he handles himself, the way that he goes about his process, how he prepares. I can’t say enough good things about him.” Gesicki has had a decent rapport with Jones. He has recorded 21 catches for 182 yards and a touchdown this season. This included the game-winning touchdown catch against the Buffalo Bills on October 22. Nevertheless, the tides appear to be shifting at the quarterback position. Was Bill Belichick all-in on Mac Jones from the start?Patriots are so bad Amazon used Bill Belichick instead of player in TNF previewPatriots Week 13 injury report: Two receivers miss Thursday's practice Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Patriots Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Patriots Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2023/ ... mac-jones/