Rashaad Penny Signing?

Carolina Panthers Discussion Forum
Fletch59

Rashaad Penny Signing?

Former Seahawk, Eagle RB Rashaad Penny is signing with Carolina. Penny - 5'11, 220 - a late 1st in 2018 by Seattle, out of San Diego State, spent five years in Seattle, concurrent with a lot of this current Panthers staff.*Penny had 44 total TD in 51 games at SDSU, ran a 4.46, and played but did not start in his first three years in SEA - he started 6 of 10 in 2021, 5 of 5 in 2022.   He had 13 rush and 1 receiving TD, all with Seattle.  He only had 37 targets, 28 catches career and appears to be less useful in the passing game.   He's played more than 22% of snaps only twice (2021, 2022), neither of which he played in a full season; he has not completed a 16 or 17 game ssesason and has played in more than 10 once (14, 2018), playing in 10 each of 2019 and 2021. So, assumedly a modest signing; I know there's a lot of "what does this mean for Miles Sanders?" and, fair enough, but I think anything given by Penny is a bonus, not a guarantee.  You don't cut a healthy player (at least in my opinion) because you have Rashaad Penny onboard.   Sanders' lack of good value and positive yardage isn't much better or worse than several other failures from last year - if they kept him, he's on my team and I hope him the best with the new line.   If he's out and Penny is in, then I'm hoping the best for Penny.   But neither is going to magically revitalize much as of right now, unless either pull an Anthony Johnson level year (and I've seen that happen essentially just the once). So is this an earth-shaking signing?  Absolutely not.   Hopefully, if he's needed, he answers the bell. 

Source: http://absolutepanthers.blogspot.com/fe ... ts/default
GO RAMS!