Panthers vs Jaguars: Final Injury Report

Carolina Panthers Discussion Forum
RedAlice

Panthers vs Jaguars: Final Injury Report

Image Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports The Panthers face off against a playoff hopeful Jaguars who don’t have a starting quarterback. The injury reports are long but lack a whole lot of major changes for either team, as the Panthers try to derail the Jaguars playoff hopes this weekend. Let’s dive in. Panthers Injury Report
  • CB Troy Hill (concussion) - Out: Troy Hill has quietly been one of the Panthers better defenders in a role where he started games and served as a backup. With both Donte Jackson and Jaycee Horn missing a few snaps with injuries last week, the CB situation is one to monitor for the defensiveback depth.
  • OT Ikem Ekwonu (foot), CB Jaycee Horn (toe), LB Frankie Luvu (quad), LB Marquis Haynes (back) - Questionable: I believe Ekwonu and Horn are the most questionable of this bunch to not play, as neither logged a full practice and these injuries appear to be new. With Luvu, I think the team gave him some time off to rest as they’ve done all season with him being banged up. Haynes logged a full practice on Friday as he’s nursing the same back injury that has plagued him all season. I am most nervous about Ikem at left tackle as the Panthers offensive line depth has been depleted all season due to injuries on the interior.
  • RB Chuba Hubbard (hamstring), CB Donte Jackson (ankle), G Cade Mays (ankle), RB Miles Sanders (toe), TE Tommy Tremble (back), OT Taylor Moton (knee), LB Claudin Cherelus (knee), TE Stephen Sullivan (wrist), G Nash Jensen (back) - No Injury Designation: Biggest takeaways for me here are that both of the Panthers starting guards are banged up but will play, same goes for Tremble and Sullivan at tight end. Those two have been extremely helpful in the receiving game in recent weeks.
Jaguars Injury Report
  • QB Trevor Lawrence (shoulder) - Out: Unfortunate timing for a Jaguars team that is currently fighting for the top seed in the AFC South playoff race. A loss against the Panthers would hurt their chances quite a bit. CJ Beathard will start for the injured former 1st overall pick.
  • WR Zay Jones (knee/hamstring), OT Cam Robinson (knee) - Questionable: Zay Jones possibly missing this week would not be helpful for a wide receiver group missing Christian Kirk. This bodes well for a Panthers secondary that could potentially be shorthanded if Jaycee Horn misses.
  • QB CJ Beathard (shoulder), CB Christian Braswell (hamstring), CB Tyson Campbell (finger), FS Andre Cisco (groin), G Ezra Cleveland (knee), OT Walker Little (hamstring), TE Brenton Strange (foot) - No Injury Designation: Biggest thing to glean here is Beathard was a full participant all week with likely a sore shoulder. He’s set to start against Carolina.
What are you looking for, Panthers fans?

Source: https://www.catscratchreader.com/2023/1 ... ury-report