Eric Eager, To Be Hired

Carolina Panthers Discussion Forum
Fletch59

Eric Eager, To Be Hired

Carolina's chipping in on analytics. For years the ownership has longed for analytics, David Tepper coming from the money game, and they haven't really had it.   He's hired two GMs, both from scouting.  He's hired coaches that are amenable to analytics but haven't delivered.   Carolina has flirted with it, but they haven't closed it. They dropped Samir Suleiman recently and added Brandt Tilis to be assistant GM, on the money side. They went through the offseason with nothing, after dropping Taylor Rajack in February. Rajack was an early Tepper hire, back to 2019.  Benjamin Contrino, under Rajack, is still around, but that's it.  And I have no awareness of it being more than a two person team. Reports have Carolina hiring Eric Eager, a former PFF maven and more recently VP of SumerSports, a bit more long-form version of same - which includes Thomas Dimitroff, possibly Mike Mayock? and features some of my favorite schematic-level writers (Shawn Syed, notably).  SumerSports features a program called MARVAL (maximize roster value) which promises to evaluate rosters, identify feasible rosters (i.e., comparing different proposed choices), and identify which way is the best to proceed.  Hopefully Eager isn't 'it', hopefully he adds a small team to the building, hopefully it's all more than just data visualization. Interesting hire, no doubt. Hopeful. 

Source: http://absolutepanthers.blogspot.com/fe ... ts/default
GO RAMS!