Rumors, More Than Fact

Carolina Panthers Discussion Forum
Fletch59

Rumors, More Than Fact

A few items to discuss from the internet - *There was chatter yesterday about Patrick Queen, which would certainly ease the blow of losing Frankie Luvu but inevitably also cost a lot more.   The rumor from Carolina is, they tried, late, but Luvu found the change interesting. Were I to guess, the price point is probably more like waiting out Bobby Wagner's price on a one year deal, than paying upwards of $15 million for Queen.    Don't get me wrong, PQ would be a lot of fun. (last rumor is Queen is about to be a Steeler anyway)But ILB in this scheme might also not be a $12 million job.  It's traditionally not been a job for just anybody, of course, you need to be good at a lot of things, but outside of the SF guys (Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman), not necessarily premier signing guys. *There's a lot of conflicting report on Tee Higgins.   After the Brian Burns trade, there was chatter that Carolina was interested in flipping one of those for Higgins.  Sports Illustrated, via Jonathan Jones, suggests, no, that won't happen. No talks have taken place.    Which for my money, no, don't do it.   Neither 2, much less both.***Similarly, Calvin Ridley was rumored, but now based on price, it's not Carolina. No other immediate chatter, and while Carolina seems quite destined to want at least a WR and TE or two WR, they may be waiting a bit with the expectation they shot their immediate shot and now have to wait for the market to contract, which it always does after a few days. 

**About that, it's amazing how no one in Carolina thinks the Burns price tag (which ended up being, 39, plus swap of 5ths which means getting 141 and giving San Fran's 166, and a 2025 5) is enough, and probably rightly so, but I've also stumbled upon Giants fans pissing and moaning that they gave up 39 and not 47. 

Source: http://absolutepanthers.blogspot.com/fe ... ts/default
GO RAMS!