Bozeman Out; Thomas Somehow Still In

Carolina Panthers Discussion Forum
Fletch59

Bozeman Out; Thomas Somehow Still In

(Sorry - this one's from the 10th, posting it but it's not new news): 
 Bradley Bozeman will be released at the start of the league year, possibly with a June 1 designation.  The starting C for the last two years was a prove-it 2022 deal, and he proved it; they added him again in 2023 to a longer deal after that success, and like a lot of the OL, it was a poor scheme fit for that year.   This year doesn't change that, and they'll be shopping for a more agile center. One actually just came off the board in Mitch Morse, 2 years $10 million, in what I'd call an inexpensive deal. Bozeman, if you're going to be a power running team, and your C is mostly drive blocking, this is that guy.  With all of the Rams scheming going around, there's less call for that than there used to be. 
Ian Thomas once again survives, again restructuring his deal to take what's likely a pay cut and being more in line with his assumed station (which has traditionally been 3rd TE and special teamer, or 2nd TE and special teamer. That 2nd deal Thomas signed, I can't blame him for signing it, but I can blame Scott Fitterer for offering it - he was paid in the top half of starters, but hasn't had a receiving TD since 2022. 

Source: http://absolutepanthers.blogspot.com/fe ... ts/default
GO RAMS!