Ahead of Black Monday: My Predictions, Expectations

Carolina Panthers Discussion Forum
Fletch59

Ahead of Black Monday: My Predictions, Expectations

Carolina will take no time at all to take action so, I'll talk of it in advance of this week's finale since there probably won't be much lag time after the game for pink slips to start flowing. *First, Scott Fitterer.   Does he go?  I say yes, but I'm not sure he will; I just think he should.  I feel like that's important to move forward; I feel like Fitterer being a part of the subversion of Matt Rhule and Frank Reich creates a caustic situation, but David Tepper himself also has some of that; he's helped cause it, he certainly seems to invite it. A fresh GM that can stand on his own ground would be welcome.  Whether that's possible, harder to say.   I believe there should be a fresh GM hire, and then a coach hire. *The remaining front office? 

I am a bit more hesitant to drop Dan Morgan, or the quite recent hire Adrian Wilson; ideally, that would be left up to a new GM, but I don't care about guys under that, like Cole Spencer, Rob Hanrahan, and so on.  I don't care if some of these guys are retained through a new GM hire, or even without a GM firing. *Do Coaches get let go immediately? 

This is a hard one because there are valuable commodities there.  I would at minimum suggest that Thomas Brown, Shawn Jefferson, Chris Tabor aren't immediately released, and the defense they'll stay quiet completely.  Guys who just beg to go, maybe. But will there be a want to make an example out of, say, James Campen?  Maybe.  I don't know.  That's the wild card, I can see David Tepper wanting to be able to lash out some; if the D is off limits and the GM is safe (I don't know about that one), then he's going to argue somebody else has to go. He's been itching for this for a bit (his recent personal controversy also suggests, he's dying for any other news to happen, all the better if it comes from within the building). I do know, on the O side money was spent, and hard to say if that will be actively considered; the defense will have hands fully off because the team will want to have Ejiro Evero stay.   Whether he immediately gets a shot at the next job though, I don't know.  And he's interviewed before, so he'd need more fresh answers re: OC. 
*I've heard the name Dan Quinn come up again.   I don't buy it. Didn't last year.  Did not interview him at all last year and, once Matt Rhule was fired, it seemed like the only choices were Quinn or Sean Payton.   Quinn has, supposedly, ties to Fitterer and Morgan and that might be from where it comes.   Self-preservation is a bad reason to do anything.  Is Quinn good?  I don't know.  He had six years in ATL and finished a game over .500, he was more than just the Kyle Shanahan stepping stone but the sustained success wasn't there.   He's built a more than solid defense in Dallas (points more than yards) but other than Marquand Manuel, can he go get staff?  What's his OC?  If Kellen Clemons, that's a selling point, but not a lot of others in his orbit. 

Source: http://absolutepanthers.blogspot.com/fe ... ts/default
GO RAMS!