Panthers News: Brian Burns: Inappropriate comment from Buccaneers player led to punch

Latest breaking news on the Carolina Panthers
BlackPanther

Panthers News: Brian Burns: Inappropriate comment from Buccaneers player led to punch

Carolina Panthers outside linebacker Brian Burns heard something he didn’t want to hear on Sunday—and the wrong guy got the receipt for it. In the third quarter of this evening’s 21-18 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the two-time Pro Bowler delivered a strike to the face of offensive lineman Cody Mauch. #Panthers OLB Brian Burns has been tossed for throwing a punch at #Bucs OL Cody Mauch.pic.twitter.com/jUNtrY60Xf — Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) December 3, 2023 He was asked about the punch after the game. “One of their offensive linemen said something in the beginning that he shouldn’t have said to me and my team,” Burns told reporters. “Ever since then, I was pretty much on 10. I was mad.” Burns, who made sure to clarify that the comment was not made by Mauch, took accountability for the decision. “Some events happened,” he added. “We got scored on. The game wasn’t going my way. Initially, it wasn’t even my fight. I just got pushed and I turned around and reacted. I take full accountability for my actions. I can’t do that.” Burns was also asked if the comment was a racial slur. He did not clarify on that. “It was something he shouldn’t have said,” he stated. Bryce Young takes blame for failed 4th-and-1 in Week 13 loss to BuccaneersChris Tabor delivers touching message after 1st game as Panthers interim HCPanthers officially eliminated from playoff contention with Week 13 loss to Bucs Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Panthers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Panthers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/ ... h-comment/