Former Packers WR Davante Adams talks Jordan Love, trade to Raiders

Green Bay Packers Discussion Forum
MaxPack

Former Packers WR Davante Adams talks Jordan Love, trade to Raiders

Image Photo by Chris Unger/Getty Images In a recent podcast, Adams stated that he doesn’t regret leaving Green Bay for the Las Vegas Raiders. Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Maxx Crosby hosts a podcast called The Rush, which featured a notable guest this week for Green Bay Packers fans in receiver Davante Adams. Just a few years ago, Adams and the Packers were both clearly frustrated over contract talks, eventually leading to Adams being hit with the franchise tag and later being traded to the Raiders for the draft picks that eventually landed linebacker Quay Walker and receiver Christian Watson in Green Bay. At the time, Adams stated that one reason why he was open to a trade — beyond the unsatisfactory contract offers from the Packers’ end — was that quarterback Aaron Rodgers stated that he was unsure how much longer he was going to continue to play football. In the sitdown with Crosby, Adams was asked about how he feels about his decision to leave Green Bay now, considering that they seem to have a new franchise quarterback in Jordan Love, who finished the regular season with an 18-touchdown to-one-interception run in the final eight games of the 2023 season. I’m the poster child for “you make a decision and you live with it” at the end of the day. I never regret anything. I don’t care if I came here and my career went to s***. You gotta make decisions and roll with it. If you one of the people that gets hung up on hindsight then you’ll lose your f****** mind playing this game. I don’t regret anything, but what I will say is that — not that I doubted him in any way because I definitely seen it. I seen the potential in there. It was kind of similar to kind of what we saw early in the season. It’s kind of what I was able to watch while I was in Green Bay. Because as Aaron’s in there, all the reps are gonna be with him. We built up what we built. So basing it off of that and then having a young guy that had no experience, for me, it was tough to stay in that position and say, “This is what’s best for me for sure.” It sounds like Adams really couldn’t figure out Love, one way or another, just simply because of his lack of starting experience going into the 2022 offseason. By that point, Love had only started a single game, the team’s loss to the Kansas City Chiefs when Rodgers had to miss the matchup due to Covid. Beyond the Love talk, Adams noted that he told the Packers that he would ignore the Rodgers “will he, won’t he” retire rumors if they were able to get a deal done before the 2021 regular season. The two sides weren’t able to find a number that worked on both ends, as the receiver claimed that the contract that Green Bay offered him that offseason “barely made [him] want to play for them” in 2021. With all of this context in hand, it makes more sense why both Rodgers and Adams posted their Last Dance social media posts back in July of 2021, as it seemed inevitable that one (or both) of them would be gone after that season. If you’d like to listen to the full interview, you can find it linked below.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/9cHmu2TrN4Q?rel=0

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024 ... axx-crosby