Weekend Open Thread

Green Bay Packers Discussion Forum
MaxPack

Weekend Open Thread

Image Photo by Jeffrey Vest/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images Have at it. Drop all your on- and off-topic thoughts in the comment section below this weekend. Here’s what I’m thinking about: I’m coping incredibly hard after my Oregon Ducks lost in the Pac-12 championship game. I thought they were going to beat Washington, a team they’ve now lost to three times in two years. I convinced myself a team led by Bo Nix could win a national title. What a bozo I am. On Saturday, I’m going to end up rooting for Alabama, because I think there’s a real chance that the playoff committee would leave the SEC out of the playoff entirely if the rest of the week is chalk. Texas has the head-to-head win over Alabama and is currently ranked higher than the Crimson Tide. I don’t think they’ll leave out an undefeated Washington, Florida State or Michigan from the playoff for a one-loss SEC team. The math doesn’t make sense for the SEC to get a playoff spot if Georgia loses unless this third-string FSU quarterback lays an egg. I just want to see the playoff committee be put into a tough position one last time before the pool expands from four teams to twelve teams.

Source: https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023 ... december-2