Detroit Lions News & Rumors: Matt Campbell HC?, Jared Goff Disliked + D’Andre Swift 1,000 Yards

Detroit Lions Discussion Forum
JoeMad

Detroit Lions News & Rumors: Matt Campbell HC?, Jared Goff Disliked + D’Andre Swift 1,000 Yards

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UiXi3I1t9XE
MicroMike and the panel are back on for the OnePride Podcast. In this show, MicroMike will talk about the latest Detroit Lions news and rumors. When it comes to the Lions, what is the latest information? Also, the panel will talk about how the Lions apparently offered Matt Campbell the Head Coaching job with a big contract. Also, Jared Goff's disrespect is real and can D’Andre Swift get to 1,000 yards rushing. During the Detroit Lions wide-reaching coaching search, Iowa State coach Matt Campbell was the hot name from the college ranks and showed up on Detroit’s radar early on in the process. The Lions never acknowledged that they interviewed him, as they did with other candidates, out of “respect for their current position and recruiting”, per team president Rod Wood—but most connected the dots and believe there were at least some discussions. How far those discussions went had been an unknown until yesterday, when Dennis Dodd, national college football writer for CBS Sports, casually mentioned on The Cover 3 podcast that the Lions made an eight-year $68.5 million offer to Campbell. News can break from anywhere, but an offer of this magnitude, effortlessly being dropped on a college football podcast episode that focused on ranking Power-5 coaches raises a few red flags. That brings us to the question of the day: Are you buying or selling the report that the Lions offered Matt Campbell an 8-year contract? Erik’s take: I’m selling this... for now. The Lions were reportedly very interested in Campbell, and rightfully so. What he has done at Iowa State is very impressive, he fits the “culture change” the Lions front office has been searching for, and it wouldn’t even surprise me if they extended him a contract offer. The money/years aren’t too far off either. Matt Rhule got a 7-year $60 million contract from the Carolina Panthers to jump ship from Baylor, and the Lions were offering up long contracts—they gave Dan Campbell a 6-year deal. But... A contract offer of t