Lions News: Sam LaPorta working at practice like he's going to play vs. Rams

Latest Breaking News on the Detroit Lions
Rusty

Lions News: Sam LaPorta working at practice like he's going to play vs. Rams

When Lions head coach Dan Campbell said that rookie tight end Sam LaPorta’s knee injury wasn’t as bad as it looked during Sunday’s win over Minnesota, Campbell wasn’t kidding. After initial fears of a serious injury, it now looks like LaPorta is going to play in this Sunday’s wild card game against the Rams. LaPorta continues to show progress in his movement and strength in his injured knee. While he was officially listed as a non-participant in Thursday’s practice, LaPorta ran routes and also took some blocking reps after the session. This quick video clip from Friday’s practice, via Woodward Sports, shows LaPorta wearing a full sleeve on his left leg. No. 87 is going through the same warm-up drills as his TE peers and also runs a half-speed (as the drill calls for) route without any real visible limitations. Detroit Lions and ALL PRO TE Sam LaPorta warming up and catching balls at practice today Image pic.twitter.com/xQnZL4QILc — Woodward Sports Network (@woodwardsports) January 12, 2024 Campbell said this about LaPorta before Friday’s practice,  “I’m going to revert back to what I said two days ago. So, we’ll know much, much more after today’s practice. And then entirely, what does it look like tomorrow when he wakes up? I know this, he’s gotten better every day. Every day. And so, we’re going to have him out there, take some practice reps and see where it goes.” LaPorta earned second-team All-Pro status as a rookie, shattering the Lions receiving marks for a tight end in the process. Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Lions Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Lions Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/ ... e-vs-rams/