Jets News: Jets land Brock Bowers in Mel Kiper’s latest mock draft

Latest breaking new on the New York Jets
GreenApple

Jets News: Jets land Brock Bowers in Mel Kiper’s latest mock draft

The Jets attacked the offensive line in free agency by signing Tyron Smith and John Simpson while also trading for Morgan Moses. Do the Jets feel comfortable enough up front that they can go in a different direction with their first pick in next month’s draft? That’s the scenario that unfolds in Mel Kiper’s third mock draft of the season. With the 10th pick, the Jets select Georgia tight end Brock Bowers. With the offensive line seemingly set, the Jets can consider upgrading the weapons for Aaron Rodgers to throw to and that’s exactly what happens here. They get a wide receiver in a tight end’s body in Bowers. The Jets have to maximize their window with 40-year-old quarterback Aaron Rodgers. That’s what I keep coming back to. So after they were able to sign left tackle Tyron Smith to a one-year deal, who’s the player they could take here to make the most immediate impact? For me, it’s Bowers, a tremendous pass-catching tight end who could elevate the offense and provide a safety blanket for Rodgers. Either way, this draft will be a delicate balance for general manager Joe Douglas, who has to think about the future while also trying to win now with Rodgers. That’s also why I wouldn’t rule out a tackle here; Smith and right tackle Morgan Moses, who the Jets acquired in a trade last week, will be free agents in 2025. It’s a tough challenge for Douglas. Tyler Conklin and Jeremy Ruckert have been nice options at tight end, but Bowers can help take the offense to another level, especially in a season in which the Jets are all in and the pressure is extremely high. An explosive weapon outside of Garrett Wilson is just what this offense needs and Bowers can bring that and more. Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Jets Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Jets Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/1 ... ock-draft/