Jets News: Jets trade down in 3-round mock draft, still tackle big needs

Latest breaking new on the New York Jets
GreenApple

Jets News: Jets trade down in 3-round mock draft, still tackle big needs

I recently went in depth into why it would make sense for the New York Jets to trade down in the first round, given how the first week of free agency played out for them. So now, let's put that reasoning to practice, and see how a three-round mock draft turns out with PFF's mock draft simulator.In short, I think trading down from pick 10 is in play for the Jets for two primary reasons. The first being that with signing Tyron Smith and John Simpson in free agency, along with trading for Morgan Moses, if the Jets had to play tomorrow, their starting five along the offensive line is in place. This doesn't mean that they shouldn't continue to add to the trenches, but it does give them flexibility in the draft where it is no longer a must to do so right away.The other reason trading down makes sense is that the Jets don't have a ton of valuable draft capital. While they hold eight picks in total, only two come in the top 100. In fact, overall, the Jets rank 26th in draft capital value at the moment, according to Tankathon. So using one of the trade down scenarios that I mentioned in that article, I moved from pick 10 to 15 in a trade with the Indianapolis Colts. Using the trade value chart as my guide to construct a fair trade, the Jets acquired picks 15, 82, and 117--giving them two third-round picks and now three in the fourth round. The Colts received pick 10 overall in return.Here is how that mock draft played out for the Jets:

Source: https://jetswire.usatoday.com/lists/jet ... big-needs/