Dolphins News: Dolphins 'unequivocally' not for sale, says CEO after $10 billion offer

Latest breaking news on the Miami Dolphins
RedAlice

Dolphins News: Dolphins 'unequivocally' not for sale, says CEO after $10 billion offer

After Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross reportedly received and then rejected a $10 billion offer for the team, Hard Rock Stadium and the Formula One Miami Grand Prix, the Dolphins clarified that it in no way indicates that Ross is entertaining offers. “What I can say is that I know unequivocally that the team is not for sale,” Dolphins CEO Tom Garfinkel said Sunday morning via The Palm Beach Post. According to Garfinkel, even a bigger offer than $10 billion — well north of the record-breaking $6.05 billion price that a group led by Josh Harris paid for the Washington Commanders last year — wouldn’t be enough to get Ross to relinquish control of the Dolphins. “I think the price could be much higher than $10 billion, the team wouldn’t sell,” Garfinkel said. “So the team is not for sale, the control of the team’s not for sale. And so from that standpoint, I think all of that is kind of not really relevant because Steve’s not selling the team.” Ross, 83, purchased 95 percent of the Dolphins and the team’s stadium (then called Dolphins Stadium) for $1 billion in 2009. According to USA Today, he rejected the $10 billion offer because he wants to keep the assets in the family. In 2022, Ross reportedly notified the NFL of his intention to make his daughter, Jennifer Ross, his successor as owner of the Dolphins. One highlight from each Dolphins draft pick that showcases their skillsetTyreek Hill: 'I would like to retire in Miami, I want to stay forever'Odell Beckham Jr has crawfish boil with Duke Riley to celebrate Dolphins deal
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Dolphins Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Dolphins Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2024/ ... phen-ross/