Dolphins News: Dolphins CB Xavien Howard doesn't seem interested in a pay cut

Latest breaking news on the Miami Dolphins
RedAlice

Dolphins News: Dolphins CB Xavien Howard doesn't seem interested in a pay cut

Now that the Miami Dolphins 2023 season has officially come to a close, eyes are on the future for the franchise, and they’re currently expected to be $42.02 million over the salary cap next year, according to Over the Cap. With that, they’ll have to make a number of moves to reallocate funds, so that they’re cap-compliant when the league year starts on March 13. One of the contracts that will be addressed is that of cornerback Xavien Howard, who is set to have a $25.9 million cap hit in 2024. Howard, who will turn 31 in July, has battled injuries over the last two years, and while he played through them in 2022, he was forced to miss five games in 2023. Speaking to reporters in the locker room on, Howard was pretty frank when it came to his future and the potential of him being asked to take a pay cut to stay in Miami in 2024 and beyond. #Dolphins CB Xavien Howard says “My eight years here, I loved it. And whatever happens, I’m with it.” Howard asked if he’d take a pay cut asks if your boss asked you to take a cut, would you? Don’t blame him lol — Safid Deen ImageImageImageImage (@Safid_Deen) January 15, 2024 Howard has made four Pro Bowls and one All-Pro team since being drafted by Miami back in 2016 out of Baylor. It would be nice to have him back alongside Jalen Ramsey in the secondary again next year, but if the Dolphins have to make smart business decisions, they could save $18.5 million if they cut him with a post-June 1 elevation. Dolphins sign former Steelers WR to future contractWhere did Dolphins offensive weapons rank statistically in 2023?34 former Dolphins on 2024 UFL rosters after XFL-USFL merger Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Dolphins Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Dolphins Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2024/ ... t-pay-cut/