My experience at the Draft

Latest breaking news on the Washington Commanders
Badfinger

My experience at the Draft

April 30, 2024 by Cmdr Daniels 24th Inf, Raljon credit for all photos: Cmdr Daniels 24th Inf, Raljon Image Fans from all of the NFL’s 32 teams descended on the Motor City to take part in the 89th annual NFL Draft , with last Thursday, festivities concluding on Saturday. Image Image Fans couldn’t have asked for more beautiful weather in downtown Detroit, as blue skies and temps in the upper 60’s provided the perfect backdrop for a host of fun football-related activities for all ages. There were pep rallies, Super Bowl ring displays, and my personal favorite: the high jump demo most commonly seen at the NFL combine (I have an official measurement of 31.5). Image Commanders fans, though small in numbers, definitely showed up and represented.Image There was a feeling of optimism amongst my fellow Washington fans; the cloudless blue skies over Michigan’s most populous city were a great analogy for how the dark clouds over this organization have finally (hopefully?) subsided and it its truly a new day. The fan experience was second to none. From the Philly fan at the airport who asked me who we were picking at #2 (I enthusiastically and wrongly shouted that it was “Maye Day” in response) to the colorful and friendly Lions fans I spent 6 hours shoulder-to-shoulder with near the front of the draft stage (who convinced me Daniels would be the pick as they chugged beer), it was paradise for football junkies.Image Image I came to see my team make a franchise-changing first round pick for the first time, and I was not disappointed. I devoured Detroit style deep dish pizza. I booed Packers fans with the rest of the Lions faithful.   I enjoyed the colorful people and scenery of downtown Detroit, a truly great town that I will visit again in the future.   Image

https://www.thehogsty.com/2024/04/30/my ... the-draft/