What were the traits of Washington’s 2024 draft class?

Washington Commanders Discussion Forum
Mako

What were the traits of Washington’s 2024 draft class?

Image Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports Before the draft, I did a look back at recent drafts in San Francisco to see if there might be anything we could glean from the team’s Top 30 visits with college prospects to identify who they might take in the draft. The intention was to see if Adam Peters might apply a similar methodology in DC. with the team holding hundreds of meeting in total. Perhaps the single best predictor of whether a player was going to be drafted by Washington was whether he was team captain in college. Fully 7 of 9 (78%) of the players drafted had been captains. All of the players had at least four years in college, and all - except two (Newton and Sinnott) - were 23 at the time of the draft. Curious about the age factor, I went digging around a bit on Twitter and came across the incredible matrix below. Draft classes by average age, recruiting rating, athletic score, & combine drill. Drills & measurements are calculated by positional percentile pic.twitter.com/47z8jY3dSl— James Foster (@NoFlagsFilm) April 27, 2024 Sorted by athletic score, Washington’s draft class displayed, by a nice margin, the best athleticism in the class, followed by the Steelers and Eagles. Washington’s class is tied for 7th oldest in the league, and it’s interesting to see the other teams that leaned heavily into older recruits:
  • Rams
  • 49ers
  • Steelers
  • Seahawks
Not bad company to share. Washington had the third fastest draft class, behind just the Colts and, predictably, the Dolphins. I’ll let you spend some time with the graph as well and, if you see any interesting patterns, please share them in the comments.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/5/1/2414 ... raft-class