Colts News: Offseason additions and subtractions for Colts, rest of AFC South

Latest breaking new on the Indianapolis Colts
Colt4Life

Colts News: Offseason additions and subtractions for Colts, rest of AFC South

The biggest additions this offseason for the Indianapolis Colts came through the NFL draft, otherwise, the focus in free agency was on re-signing their own players. But what about the rest of the AFC South? Who were the key additions and subtractions this offseason for Houston, Jacksonville, and Tennesse?Outside of the draft, the Colts didn’t have many additions or subtractions this offseason. In fact, from 2023 to where we are in 2024, the Colts had the third-lowest amount of roster turnover in the NFL. Their only significant free-agent signings were Joe Flacco and Raekwon Davis. However, that didn’t mean that GM Chris Ballard didn’t spend money either. ESPN’s Stephen Holder noted that the Colts handed out over $200 million in contracts this offseason, it’s just that most of those dollars went to players already on the roster. This included extending Michael Pittman, DeForest Buckner, and Zaire Franklin, along with re-signing Grover Stewart, Kenny Moore, and Julian Blackmon, among several others.“I mean we signed a bunch of good players, they just happened to be our own,” Ballard said on The Rich Eisen Show. “I think sometimes we forget that. I mean Grover Stewart’s a really good football player. Kenny Moore II is a really good football player. Michael Pittman is a really good (player). I mean these are really good players. Julian Blackmon is a really good player.“Look, I’m always going to lean our way, especially when they’re good players. I mean we dabbled with some guys, and we just didn’t get them. I mean that happens.”The continuity that the Colts maintained on both sides of the football will be a key factor in their success this season. The experience gained in the offensive and defensive systems, knowing the responsibilities of the players around you, and being comfortable with the terminology are all elements that can go unnoticed but are important when it comes to playing winning football. It is oftentimes in that second season under a new head coach, when, for the first time, the team has had a full offseason of building upon the established playbook rather than implementing it, that we see a big jump.“When you have your system in place, it helps big time, especially with the players understanding the verbiage and terminology,” head coach Shane Steichen said. “But really trying to stay on the cutting edge of things because this league is always changing. So if we can do that and build on what we did last year, I’ll be excited for the 2024 season.”Now let’s take a look at what happened this offseason around the rest of the AFC South:

Source: https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/of ... afc-south/