Colts News: 5 Trade up scenarios for Colts in 2024 NFL Draft

Latest breaking new on the Indianapolis Colts
Colt4Life

Colts News: 5 Trade up scenarios for Colts in 2024 NFL Draft

If the Indianapolis Colts were to trade up in this year’s draft, what would that deal look like? What would they have to give up in order to do so?Using the trade value chart for this exercise, I put together five scenarios where the Colts move up from the 15th pick to help paint the picture of what that could look like. But before we dive into all of that, let’s first take a quick look at what the trade value chart is.This chart was a concept developed by former head coach Jimmy Johnson when he was with the Dallas Cowboys. In short, to help quantify draft day trades where only picks are exchanged, Johnson developed a system that assigns a value to each selection, making it easy to compare the value going out versus the value a team is getting in return.Since then, other teams have put their own spin on this chart and new models have been created, but for the most part, the idea remains the same. To see the full trade chart and to learn more, click here.So, in determining what is a “fair” trade for the Colts, this chart is my guide, and it was my intention to make the deals as equal as possible from a quantitative standpoint. Of course, there are other variables that can come into play with these decisions that I just cannot account for. During Chris Ballard’s tenure as GM, we’ve seen him make some moves up and down the draft board, but typically, he has preferred to move back. As I wrote about recently, with the Colts only having seven total draft picks this year – only four teams have fewer – trading back in Round 1 seems more likely than moving up, but perhaps if one of the top receivers remains available as the Colts get closer to being on the clock, Ballard would be willing to make that move.

Source: https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/5- ... nfl-draft/