Rachaad White 1,000-Yard Season Watch: Week 15

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Discussion Forum
max

Rachaad White 1,000-Yard Season Watch: Week 15

Bucs running back Rachaad White is closing in on the first 1,000-yard rushing season of his young NFL career. With 89 yards rushing at Green Bay, White now has 834 yards rushing on 222 carries (3.8 avg.) with five touchdowns this season with three games left. The second-year running back needs just 164 yards over the next three weeks to become Tampa Bay’s first 1,000-yard rusher since Doug Martin accomplished that feat during the 2015 season, rushing for 1,402 yards. Martin had a pair of 1,000-yard rushing seasons in Tampa Bay in 2012 and 2015. White needs to average 55 yards per game over the next three weeks to reach 1,000 rushing yards in 2023. That certainly seems doable, as he’s rushed for 100, 84, 102 and 89 yards over the last four games. Rachaad White has run for 375 yards over the last four games, averaging 93.8 yards per game. White has 1,303 total yards this year – 834 yards rushing and 469 yards receiving – which ranks third in the NFL in total yards from scrimmage. Rachaad White Has A Strong Desire To Hit 1,000 Yards ImageBucs RB Rachaad White – Photo by: USA Today In an exclusive interview with Pewter Report, Rachaad White acknowledged he’s become an all-purpose back, and is just as dangerous as a receiver as he is a runner. In addition to rushing for 89 yards at Green Bay, White also caught two passes for 50 yards, including a 26-yard touchdown. White now has 50 catches for 469 yards (9.4 avg.) and three touchdowns on the season. But as a running back, White wants to hit 1,000 yards rushing season, as that’s the hallmark of most top-tier backs in the league. “A lot of guys’ goal is to be a 1,000-yard rusher,” White told Pewter Report two weeks ago in SR’s Fab 5. “I still look at it right now and I’m still on the cusp. I truly believe in my big guys up front. And five more games like the [the Colts and Panthers games] and I’m going to get that 1,000 yards rushing.” But even if he falls short of his 1,000-yard goal, the team-oriented White knows that his total yardage is what really matters to the Bucs. “It’s all about, as a running back, we all just try to do the best we all can do to help the team,” White said. “Some days are running days, some days are passing days. If you’re a good guy who can run routes and catch the ball out of the backfield and things like that and make plays happen out in space, then I’m pretty sure – yards are yards. “Scrimmage yards are a huge deal today in the NFL. There are a lot of things that are a huge deal. I mean, for fantasy, catching the ball is huge, and things like that for people and in general. You just see how big and how huge it is. I would say yards are yards, scrimmage yards and all that, it all makes sense.” Still, White would love to hit 1,000 yards rushing this season and wind up well over 500 yards receiving to finish his first season as Tampa Bay’s starting back. ImageBucs RB Rachaad White – Photo by: USA Today “You’re proud of yourself, but you’re not really that upset because if I don’t get 1,000, but I get 800-900 rushing yards and 500-600 receiving yards, you still got 1,500 all-purpose yards or so,” White said. “Then add in whatever touchdowns you would finish with, so it still adds up. But obviously, if you had 1,000 [rushing] and then 600 [receiving] you’ll have 1,600 so it’s just huge. Yards are yards man, any production at the running back level nowadays has a huge impact on the team.” Bucs offensive coordinator Dave Canales is proud of Rachaad White’s progress as a runner this season. “He has continually improved,” Canales said. “It’s obviously a new system for him. Some of the run schemes are similar to what he has done in the past, but like I said with the run game improvement, a lot of that is on the O-line. But also him with his eyes where he’s looking at how to read these blocks. Obviously, he is a special athlete when he’s got the ball in space. We know that, but just his improvement in setting blocks up has been a huge difference.” .@Chaad_1 joins Warrick Dunn as the only Bucs in team history with 1,000+ rushing yards and 750+ receiving yards over their first two seasons. The future is bright ☀️ pic.twitter.com/mINkbG00JZ — Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) December 17, 2023   The post Rachaad White 1,000-Yard Season Watch: Week 15 appeared first on Pewter Report.

Source: https://www.pewterreport.com/rachaad-wh ... h-week-15/