Todd Bowles Discusses Devin White, Bucs Win

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Discussion Forum
max

Todd Bowles Discusses Devin White, Bucs Win

Bucs head coach Todd Bowles called Tampa Bay’s 34-20 win at Green Bay a “great team win,” and it was. The Bucs won all three phases of football against the Packers and improved their playoff chances by moving back to .500 at 7-7 on the year and maintaining their lead in the NFC South. Bowles discussed the command performances by quarterback Baker Mayfield, who passed for 381 yards and four touchdowns against the Packers, in addition to receiver Chris Godwin, who had 10 catches for 155 yards. The Bucs head coach also discussed starting inside linebacker Devin White’s inactive status and the play of his replacement, K.J. Britt. Todd Bowles’ Full Post-Game Transcipt  Todd Bowles on the win: “Great team win. Great team win.” ImageBucs QB Baker Mayfield – Photo by: USA Today Todd Bowles on what was different today for QB Baker Mayfield having a great game: “Just playing together. We established the run. They didn’t play us with two high last week so we kind of got both things going a little bit, kept them off balance and Baker made some plays.” Todd Bowles on Baker Mayfield throwing touchdowns to four different wide receivers: “It’s huge for us. Not putting all the pressure on two guys and that’s opening up things for other guys and their starting to come through and we’re playing great team football in December.” Todd Bowles on WR Chris Godwin having a big game: “Big game for him. I told you when Chris and Mike (Evans) get off at the same time, we’re a very dangerous team.” Todd Bowles on what Mayfield playing for Tampa Bay has meant to the team: “He’s meant everything. From a mental standpoint to a quarterback standpoint making plays. From a toughness standpoint. From a leadership standpoint. He’s done everything. He’s checked all the boxes. He’s doing all the right things now and I can’t say enough about him.” ImageBucs ILB Lavonte David and OLB Shaq Barrett and Packers QB Jordan Love – Photo by: USA Today Todd Bowles on LB Devin White not playing: “Well, I made him inactive based off him saying that he couldn’t go today so if he couldn’t go today, I made him inactive.” Todd Bowles on if White didn’t play because he was hurt: “Probably a question for him but I’m sure he said his foot was sore. He told me he couldn’t go so we played the guys we had to play.” Todd Bowles on why they had such a complete game: “Got off the field and finished some two minute plays at defense. Scored before the half on offense. Special teams, they really didn’t hurt us that much. We were good in field goal. Got the running game going enough to finish the game off at the end. Got a great stop on defense and we had the passing game going. December football is kind of building for us. We’re gaining confidence. The young guys are getting better and we just have to keep pushing.” Todd Bowles on the play of safety Kaevon Merriweather: “He did a great job. You forget we’re playing with a lot of guys over there that are a year or less or two years or less and a lot of rookies are playing right now. He plays and practices like he’s been there. The game’s not too big for him and you trust him to the point to where you don’t worry about him when he’s out there.” Todd Bowles on the Bucs offense being balanced: “That’s a good thing for us. Us being able to operate normally and at offensive line, having confidence in the receivers. Receivers having confidence in the running backs and tight ends and everything’s going full circle and we’re all playing together.” ImageBucs ILB KJ Britt and Packers TE Tucker Croft – Photo by: USA Today Todd Bowles on LB K.J. Britt’s play: “K.J.’s three for three playing right now. He’s playing very good football. Don’t know  whether he lost his spot to a starting role. Worked his way into a starting role. We’ll go week to week and play from there, but he’s definitely earned a lot of playing time. Todd Bowles on Jordan Love escaping sacks: “He’s a good athlete. He’s a very good athlete. We missed him a couple times, he got out of the pocket, we knew he couldn’t let them out of the pocket. He’s dangerous. We were there, we just have to make the play.” Todd Bowles on linebacker Devin White not playing because of his foot injury: “I’m sure he was.” Todd Bowles on his defense against the Packers offense: “I thought they held up in initial coverage. Once the play broke down and the quarterback started scrambling and making some plays and we have to plaster. I think we have to do a better job there, but overall, between (Jamel) Dean and (Christian) Izian, the ball wasn’t going over their head. (Romeo) Doubs didn’t hurt us, he’s their best guy. We understand (Aaron) Jones came back and he can make some plays underneath, but overall, I thought they did a good job.” Todd Bowles on the early celebration from David More almost costing the Bucs a touchdown: “Oh god. You know he’s about millimeter second away from missing that and getting cussed out.” ImageBucs DT Logan Hall and Packers QB Jordan Love – Photo by: USA Today Todd Bowles on the team’s composure through the game: “Like I say, we went through the middle of the season where we lost these ball games. We’ve won three in a row right now and they’ve learned. They’ve grown. They are mature. They’re calm under pressure and they’re starting to make winning plays and that’s good to see.” Todd Bowles on how he feels about the team ascending right now: “Talk about playing December football. We’re playing good December football right now. We won three, we have three more to go and we can’t rest period we can’t stop. We have to keep working.” Todd Bowles on it being a blue bag (Chips Ahoy) type of night: “Oh most definitely.” Watch Todd Bowles’ Post-Game Speech The Bucs posted Todd Bowles’ post-game speech on social media. Check it out by clicking the link below: You know the drill… YEEEAAHHHHHHHH! 👏👏👏 pic.twitter.com/KXWgAsPgiW — Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) December 17, 2023 The post Todd Bowles Discusses Devin White, Bucs Win appeared first on Pewter Report.

Source: https://www.pewterreport.com/todd-bowle ... -bucs-win/