Mike Evans: “I Know That I’m A Hall of Fame-Caliber Player”

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Discussion Forum
max

Mike Evans: “I Know That I’m A Hall of Fame-Caliber Player”

Mike Evans had a historic day against the Panthers on Sunday as he eclipsed 1,000 yards for the 10th consecutive season. Evans truly was the Bucs’ offense in their 21-18 win as he had seven receptions for 162 yards and a touchdown. It was his performance that propelled Tampa Bay to a victory, and both he and the team reacted to his big game and milestone after the game. Mike Evans: “I’m A Real Problem To Deal With” Mike Evans may be 30 years old, but he has shown no signs of slowing down. In fact, Evans appears as good as ever with the ball in his hands. After his latest dominant showing at Raymond James Stadium, he was asked if he’s as good now as he’s ever been. ImageBucs WR Mike Evans – Photo by: Cliff Welch P/R “Yeah,” Evans said. “There were a couple of years – 2018, 2019 – [where] I was really great, but this year… I get smarter each year. The game slows down for me each year, if I’m healthy, I’m a real problem to deal with. I’ve just been blessed with health and learned how to take care of my body as I get older.” At this point, there is little question that Mike Evans is a Hall of Fame player. This game was another example of why. Even in his 10th season, he is a game-changing playmaker. He has done it for a decade now playing under a handful of head coaches, as well as various quarterbacks, and being in different systems. No matter what, Evans has been a seamless fit. Whenever he hangs it up, a bust in Canton, Ohio, will be waiting. He knows what he is capable of, but ultimately that is not up to him. “That’s not for me to decide,” Evans said. “I know that I’m a Hall of Fame-caliber player. I’ve seen all the guys that have played, I’ve seen all the guys that are in the Hall of Fame. I know what I can do, but my career is not over yet. That’s something to think about in the future.” Baker Mayfield, Todd Bowles React To Mike Evans’ Milestone The Bucs are currently focused on the present, and now at 5-7, they have some life in the NFC South. That is in large part due to Mike Evans’ efforts. His 75-yard touchdown in the third quarter helped the Bucs reclaim the lead and it was a key play in giving the team some momentum – and a much-needed victory. Mike Evans goes 75 yards to get the lead back! 📺: #CARvsTB on CBS
📱: Stream on #NFLPlus https://t.co/xvCjbLUIcN pic.twitter.com/3aOjMTBQzj — NFL (@NFL) December 3, 2023 Quarterback Baker Mayfield chimed in on his star wide receiver’s abilities. ImageBucs WR Mike Evans, OC Dave Canales and QB Baker Mayfield – Photo by: Cliff Welch/PR “He’s a special player, obviously,” Mayfield said. “Hats off to him, he’s done it so consistently for so long, and that play is an example of how special he is. Just the run after the catch, the ability to be exactly where he’s supposed to be on that route, and then make obviously a huge play after that. Extremely happy for him, we needed that, we needed a little spark. He was the guy to bring it to us and nobody better than him.” Mayfield also reacted to Mike Evans hitting the 1,000-yard mark and said he was happy that he was not the guy to his streak. “Just congrats,” Mayfield added about Evans hitting reaching the milestone.” I mean that – I don’t really have the words to describe what he just did in his career to accomplish that for [ten] seasons in a row. I’m pretty damn happy that I wasn’t the guy to break that streak, to be honest with you, but more happy for Mike. It’s amazing. He’s a first-ballot Hall of Famer and nobody can take that away from him.” It seems that the Bucs believe Mike Evans is a first-ballot Hall of Famer, as offensive coordinator Dave Canales also shared this same sentiment last week. After Sunday’s game, head coach Todd Bowles mentioned Evans’ consistency and longstanding reputation for being a playmaker. “I don’t know what more you can say, he’s been like this for 10 years now,” Bowles said. “Over 60 catches 10 years in a row, over 1,000 yards 10 years in a row. You know he’s getting the ball and everybody’s trying to stop him and he makes plays over and over. It’s a credit to him, his work ethic, and the way he approaches the game. Unbelievable.” Unbelievable is probably the best word to express what Mike Evans continues to do on the field every Sunday. The post Mike Evans: “I Know That I’m A Hall of Fame-Caliber Player” appeared first on Pewter Report.

Source: https://www.pewterreport.com/mike-evans ... er-player/