Bucs Becoming Popular Pick Over Eagles?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Discussion Forum
max

Bucs Becoming Popular Pick Over Eagles?

The 9-8 Bucs and 11-6 Eagles are set to meet at Raymond James Stadium on Monday night to wrap up the NFL’s Super Wild Card Weekend, and ever since the matchup was finalized, Philadelphia has been tagged as the favorites. ImageBucs S Antoine Winfield, Jr. – Photo by: Cliff Welch/PR Despite the fact that Tampa Bay is at home and has won five of its last six games while Philadelphia has lost five of its last six, odds still favor Jalen Hurts and Co. in this one. As of Monday afternoon, the Eagles were still three-point favorites over the Bucs (per mybookie.ag). But is Tampa Bay becoming a popular pick in this game? If NFL Network’s Good Morning Football is anything to go by, the answer to that question is yes. Making their game picks, the majority of the crew favored the Bucs. It began with Jason McCourty, who recently picked Tampa Bay safety Antoine Winfield Jr. as the best defensive back in the league this season (with Winfield earning a championship belt as a result). “Eagles-Bucs. Eagles, a team experienced, played in the Super Bowl last year, of course they’re going to bounce back… Of course not. I’m rolling with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers,” McCourty said. “Eagles continue to play bad football. I think Tampa Bay, Baker Mayfield is gonna have a day. I’m rolling with the Bucs in this one.” Peter Schrager followed up with another pick in favor of Tampa Bay, specifically shouting out rookies Yaya Diaby and Calijah Kancey and predicting that Todd Bowles’ defense is going to get after Hurts and set up an intriguing NFC Divisional Round matchup next weekend. ImageBucs OLB YaYa Diaby and DT Calijah Kancey – Photo by: Cliff Welch/PR “Can I give you my favorite names in this game? YAYA DIABY! CALIJAH KANCEY!” Schrager said. “You might not have seen the Buccaneers this year. Their defense is young, it’s fun, they’re gonna be all over Jalen Hurts. I know that offensive line’s got a lot of pride, but I’m going with the Bucs. I’m looking forward to a Lions-Buccaneers divisional round. It’s why we love the NFL. No one had that in the summertime. I’m going Buccaneers.” Kyle Brandt was next, and he had the lone dissenting opinion on this game. He said he likes the Eagles to find a way to emerge with an ugly win. “Can I respond to your Yaya Diaby? Jalen Hurts, Devonta Smith, D’Andre Swift,” Brandt said. “I know those guys, I feel like I remember those guys and I think they’re going to find a way. The Bucs are not playing very well either. I know they won the South, they did not end the season strongly. I feel like in a very ugly game – I’m saying 17-16 Eagles – I got the Birds.” Ensuring there would be no tie, Jamie Erdahl became the third to pick the home team in this game, putting a new spin on the Eagles’ “Fly Eagles Fly” rallying cry. “I’m gonna say fly Bucs flag fly,” Erdahl said. “I’m gonna go Tampa Bay Buccaneers as well.” That made it three out of four Good Morning Football hosts picking the Bucs to survive and advance to next week. Former Bucs Captain Is Backing Tampa Bay As Well ImageBucs DT Gerald McCoy – Photo by: Cliff Welch/PR It should be no surprise given his fandom and continued support of the team that drafted him, but former Bucs captain Gerald McCoy is certainly riding with Tampa Bay on Monday night. He will be in attendance at Raymond James Stadium and on Sunday night, he was already making plans for next weekend in Detroit. “Hey Lions, we’ll see you in Motown, baby!” McCoy said Sunday night on NFL GameDay. “I’m calling it, yes. Hey Lions, we’ll see you in Motown, baby.” McCoy, who was selected with the No. 3 overall pick in the 2010 Draft, has interesting ties to this game not only as a former Buc but as a former Oklahoma Sooner. Obviously, Tampa Bay quarterback Baker Mayfield was a Heisman Trophy winner at Oklahoma in 2017. Philadelphia’s Jalen Hurts may have started his career at Alabama, but he finished it as a Sooner and was a Heisman Trophy finalist in 2019. There’s clearly no doubt who McCoy is rooting for come Monday night, though. He’ll be riding with Mayfield and his former team under the lights at Raymond James Stadium. Tampa see you tomorrow!! Motown see you next week!! https://t.co/JBRQiQPuLU pic.twitter.com/8BhAsoPZb1 — Gerald McCoy (@Geraldini93) January 15, 2024 The post Bucs Becoming Popular Pick Over Eagles? appeared first on Pewter Report.

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-becom ... er-eagles/