Elijah Klein: “A gritty, nasty dude”

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Discussion Forum
Fletch59

Elijah Klein: “A gritty, nasty dude”

Tampa Bay Pen And Mic Club During a recent Zoom conference with the Tampa Bay Pen and Mic club, Newly drafted guard Elijah Klein described himself as: “A gritty, nasty dude.” — This obviously was music to GM Jason Licht’s ears. The fact that Klein’s strength at guard is the running game came off like a symphony in the running back’s room. Tampa has finished last in the rushing department the last two seasons. Acquiring linemen that play that facet of the offense well was a big need, and it has been for quite a while. Klein is another o-lineman from the smaller college pool, and we all know Licht is a big fan of these smaller school products — and so are we!  Klein’s pass protection is nothing to sneeze about, either. In 2023, he allowed just one sack all season and four in 23 games overall. So this guy fits the bill up and down the checklist. If those are his numbers in pass protection, and the running game is his forte, it makes one salivate at the possibilities. Elijah Klein had this to say about run blocking: “Run blocking is my specialty. I like to be the hammer, not the nail. I don’t like to be passive in any aspect of football, so the run game is something I really pride myself on. I don’t claim to play with the lightest feet. I don’t claim to play with finesse, but what I do like to do is put my head down and HIT PEOPLE AS HARD AS I CAN.” As hard as he can; such a sweet melody. Go Bucs!!   The post Elijah Klein: “A gritty, nasty dude” appeared first on Bucs Life.

https://bucslifemedia.com/2024/05/01/el ... asty-dude/
GO RAMS!