Browns add another QB after rookie minicamp

Cleveland Browns Discussion Forum
JackBrown

Browns add another QB after rookie minicamp

Image Photo by Michael Allio/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images QB Jacob Sirmon’s journey has taken him from Washington to Cleveland with a few stops in between. The Cleveland Browns learned the hard way in 2023 that you can never have enough quarterbacks on hand. Injuries and ineffective play saw the Browns go through five starting quarterbacks - Deshaun Watson, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, P.J. Walker, Jeff Driskel, and Joe Flacco - on the way to an unexpected playoff appearance. With that in mind, general manager Andrew Berry has been collecting quarterbacks this offseason, bringing in Jameis Winston and Tyler Huntley in free agency to go along with Watson and Thompson-Robinson. We've signed QB Jacob Sirmon

» https://t.co/yOkJ1eZtc3 pic.twitter.com/cp1w87usvP— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) May 12, 2024 On Sunday, the quarterback room grew by one more as the Browns signed Jacob Sirmon, who clearly made an impression while participating in this weekend’s rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. The 6-foot-5 and 230-pound Sirmon took a winding route through his college career, starting out at the University of Washington in 2019 before transferring to Central Michigan for the 2021 season. While with the Chippewas, Sirmon appeared in five games and completed 61.3 percent of his passes for 734 yards, six touchdowns and four interceptions. After one year with Central Michigan, Sirmon was back on the road as he transferred to Northern Colorado. He played in seven games in 2022, and as a senior in 2023 he completed 56.4 percent of his passes for 1,355 yards and eight touchdowns for the Bears. A four-star recruit and the No. 1 prospect in the state of Washington after his senior year in high school, Sirmon rediscovered his passion for the game once he decided to transfer to North Colorado, according to a 2023 article at 406 MT Sports: “There was a time when I was coming out of Central Michigan I feel I like lost some of the passion and my joy in the game. I was unsure where my future led me. I took a lot of reflecting, a lot of prayer, a couple really hard conversations. “I love playing, I love being a leader. I love having an opportunity to influence younger kids that are coming up and haven’t had the experiences that I’ve had. I hope that sometimes the adversities that I’ve faced and the challenges that I’ve had to overcome and some of the really humbling moments that I’ve experienced I’m able to pass those on to younger athletes that they can learn from my mistakes and my experiences and hopefully learn and avoid them if they can.” With the rookie minicamp now in the books, the Browns will be back for the first of three Organized Team Activities (OTAs) beginning on May 21.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2024/5/12 ... cob-sirmon