Bills News: Bills' Brandon Beane says he would have traded up for Cole Bishop

Latest breaking news on the Buffalo Bills
BlueAlice

Bills News: Bills' Brandon Beane says he would have traded up for Cole Bishop

The Buffalo Bills waited it out and got what they wanted. The Bills used the No. 60 selection in the second round of the 2024 NFL draft on Utah safety Cole Bishop. After the fact, general manager Brandon Beane was beyond excited to get Bishop in. He was honest about it, too. Beane would have traded up for him… but in the end he didn’t and did not have to. “I would have been thrilled to give up something in the draft to go up and get him,” Beane said via video conference. While receiver was the noted need many have been looking at on Buffalo’s roster, safety was one too. The Bills lost the likes of Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde this offseason and despite re-signing Taylor Rapp and adding Mike Edwards, another piece is a welcomed addition. In Bishop, the Bills bring in someone that will bring elements of both Poyer and Hyde to Buffalo’s secondary. Notably, he can move around a defense and is versatile. “I think I can do a lot of different things well,” Bishop said. For more from Bishop, see the attached Spectrum News clip below: New #Bills S Cole Bishop says he played a variety of roles as a defensive back at Utah. His former college teammate #Bills TE Dalton Kincaid offered plenty of competition in practice. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/m1VTw6p61h — Andy Young (@AndyYoungTV) April 27, 2024 9 things to know about Bills DT DeWayne Carter2024 NFL draft: Full list of Bills' remaining picks on Day 3Highlights of new Bills DT DeWayne Carter (video)
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Bills Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Bills Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/ ... nfl-draft/