Bears News; How Jaylon Johnson expects Bears locker room to react to a Justin Fields exit

Latest news on the Chicago Bears
Ditka
Site Admin

Bears News; How Jaylon Johnson expects Bears locker room to react to a Justin Fields exit

The Chicago Bears are nearing an important quarterback decision that will impact their franchise for the next decade: keep Justin Fields or start over with a rookie (most likely Caleb Williams). Right now, the expectation is the Bears will draft Williams with the No. 1 overall pick and trade Fields. It’s no secret Fields’ teammates have been vocal about wanting him back in 2024, especially wide receiver DJ Moore. So how would the locker room react to a Fields exit and a rookie stepping in? “Be wary of? I can’t say that. I feel like at the end of the day, we know the business that we’re in,” cornerback Jaylon Johnson told reporters Monday. “So I feel like it wouldn’t be mature of us as a locker room not to rally together in spite of having Justin leave. I know what it would do to keep him here. I know how we would feel with him here, but I feel like at the end of the day, we’ll all have our opinions, our emotions, but as far as the locker room staying together, I think we have the right guys in the locker room to keep everything together, to keep us together. “And I mean, at the end of the day, we’re all here to win ballgames. So I don’t think it’s about necessarily our feelings or, ‘Oh, well, you did this.’ We’re all here to win games. So whoever Poles brings in, whoever the staff brings in to help us win games, that’s who we’re going to rock with.” Players understand the NFL is a business, so it’s hard to imagine the Bears’ locker room being anything but welcoming to any new incoming player — no matter how much they love Fields. The only thing that might not be wise for Chicago is to keep Fields and draft Williams, which could cause some issues and take away valuable snaps from the rookie.
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Bears Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Bears Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/ ... elds-exit/