What is your favorite game on the 2024 Bears schedule?

Chicago Bears Discussion Forum
MacNasty

What is your favorite game on the 2024 Bears schedule?

Image Lon Horwedel-USA TODAY Sports The WCG crew shares some thoughts on the Bears 2024 schedule in this multipart roundtable. Our WCG crew is in the midst of a 2024 Chicago Bears schedule roundtable series. We already gave our picks for the toughest stretch of games and the easiest stretch, and here’s today’s topic. What is your favorite game on the 2024 Bears schedule? And here's what we had to say... Jacob Infante: The Week 2 game against the Texans in Houston. The matchup of C.J. Stroud and Caleb Williams in a Sunday night game is an enticing one. You’re getting one quarterback coming off of one of the best rookie seasons at the position in history and another quarterback who’s one of the most highly-touted prospects to enter the draft in the 21st century. Factor in the star power on both teams - as well as the fact both offenses have arguably the two best wide receiver trios in the NFL - and this one could be a lot of fun. Erik Duerrwaechter: That first Sunday night against the Houston Texans should prove to be an excellent game. It’ll also be the first big challenge for Caleb Williams to see how he’ll handle the national spotlight while another outstanding young QB in C.J. Stroud is leading his squad on their home turf. Aaron Leming: I love the Week 2 matchup on the road against the Houston Texans. C.J. Stroud was a lot of fun to watch last year, and I’m sure many Bears fans are hoping that Chicago can follow a similar path to last year’s Texans team. Especially when it comes to the development/breakout of their rookie quarterback. That just seems like it’ll be a fun and high-scoring game on paper. Ryan Droste: Certainly not for excitement and drama, but the opening game against Tennessee is a great way for this team to get their legs under them from the get-go. It’s been a long time since the Bears opened the season against an AFC opponent (2016), and the Titans weren’t exactly lighting up the league last year. Hopefully, the Bears dominate this game, starting the Caleb Williams era on a high note and giving him the confidence he needs early for a big matchup against the Texans in week two on prime-time television. That game in Houston is my favorite game on the schedule from an excitement standpoint. Stroud and Williams battling in prime time is hopefully a snapshot of the future of the league. Jack R Salo: At Detroit on Thanksgiving. The Lions always play on Thanksgiving. No, seriously. Always. I expect this Bears team to be a step better than last year’s team, so continuing the upward trajectory of playing meaningful football late in the season. So, spoiling the Lions’ fun and watching Caleb Williams eat a turkey leg on national TV? Sign me up. Sam Householder: It was going to be Arizona because we were looking at that as a road trip game, but it just didn’t hit where we hoped in the calendar. So, I guess I’ll say week three at Indianapolis. That’s my second-best chance at attending a road game this year, and it’ll be early in the season when we’re still trying to figure out who is good and who is not. Colts fans are a fun bunch by and large, and the longer the distance from Super Bowl XLI is, the more I find I can tolerate them. Jeff Berckes: I love special games, and the Bears get two of those this year with the London game against the Jaguars and the Thanksgiving game in Detroit. Plus, I like the matchups against both squads. Josh Sunderbruch: The Hall of Fame Game. Hester deserves to be in the Hall. McMichael is overdue to be in the Hall. The season matters more, obviously, but if I were to pick a game that has the most emotional value on its own for me, it’s this one. Lester A. Wiltfong Jr.: I love Josh’s answer because that game will kick off a celebration of Mongo’s run in Chicago, which takes me back to my early years of becoming a fan of the Bears and the NFL. But I can’t wait to watch Caleb Williams play a real game for the Bears, so that week one contest against the Titans is mine. Now it's your turn. What is your favorite game on the Bears' schedule?

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2024/ ... ns-jaguars