Bears News; Bears WR DJ Moore provided feedback on offense during his exit interview

Latest news on the Chicago Bears
Ditka
Site Admin

Bears News; Bears WR DJ Moore provided feedback on offense during his exit interview

DJ Moore’s first season with the Chicago Bears was certainly a memorable one. Despite the offensive shortcomings, Moore put on a show and had a career year with 96 catches for 1,364 yards and eight touchdowns. Moore had an opportunity to meet with head coach Matt Eberflus and general manager Ryan Poles during his exit interview Monday morning, and he used that time to provide feedback about the offense this season. “It was open and honest,” Moore told reporters Monday. “I gave good feedback. They gave me their honest opinion on how my year went and everything. That’ll stay between us until it comes out later on and y’all see what happens. We’ll see.” Chicago’s offense has struggled under offensive coordinator Luke Getsy. While the Bears made improvements in total yards (28th to 20th) and total points (23rd to 18th) in Getsy’s second season, they remained a bottom-six passing offense (32nd to 27th). DJ Moore said he used Monday’s exit interview with Ryan Poles and Matt Eberflus as an opportunity to provide feedback on the offense Image pic.twitter.com/WkyXXyIr0Y — CHGO Bears (@CHGO_Bears) January 8, 2024 Moore was asked whether quarterback Justin Fields came up during the exit interview, and he made it known he’d like Fields back. “Nobody really wants to start all the way over and either having a losing season again or maybe have a (winning season),” Moore said. “You never know. It’s a hit or miss. We’re going to have to wait and see.” But it remains to be seen whether Moore will get his wish. “He’s the quarterback of the Chicago Bears until otherwise,” Moore said. “And I don’t think that’s changing anytime soon. We’ll see.” There are plenty of questions facing the Bears this offseason, including who will be the quarterback come the 2024 regular season. But one thing’s for sure: Moore will be back as the team’s top wideout looking to get this offense on track. Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Bears Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Bears Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/ ... interview/