Stock up, stock down: Bears-Cardinals

Chicago Bears Discussion Forum
MacNasty

Stock up, stock down: Bears-Cardinals

Image Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images The Bears got back to winning, but results were mixed as there was a lot of good and some bad. The Chicago Bears did something somewhat rare for them lately. They beat an opponent that they should beat and relatively soundly. Save for a few minutes in the fourth quarter, the Arizona Cardinals were never really in the game. The Bears defense made sure that the game really never felt like the Cardinals were a serious threat. And with the team up north and then the New England Patriots taking care of their business, it didn’t matter too much that Chicago didn’t blow the game to the Cardinals. All things considered, it was actually a pretty boring game. Maybe that’s just how December games go when they’re against a 3-win team and any playoff hopes are all but gone. But it was fun to enjoy a win, and there wasn’t too much to get mad about. Stock up Khalil Herbert, RB - Herbert hasn’t been himself since his injury and return, but Sunday seemed like the Herbert of old. He ran with burst and even broke some tackles. He averaged 5.6 yards per carry on his way to a season-high 112 rushing yards (his first 100-yard game since week 4. He also found the endzone for the first time this season. Kyler Gordon, DB - Gordon tied for the team lead with seven tackles, six of which were solo stops. He added a sack, a TFL and a pass breakup. Gordon doesn’t always get the shine of some of his defensive backfield teammates, but Spider-Man is having a great season. Justin Jones, DT - Jones took down Kyler Murray for a big sack. He added a TFL and a QB hit. Jones has had a very solid season, but fans are (rightfully) excited about rookie Gervon Dexter more often. I thought Sunday was worthy of giving Jones some shine. Stock down Eddie Jackson, S - It wasn’t an awful game for Jackson, but he didn’t shine, either. He looked like he couldn’t make a tackle on the Greg Dorch touchdown in the fourth quarter. DJ Moore, WR - This isn’t so much a stock down, as it’s a call for Moore to look after himself. I get that he’s tough and wants to be out there fighting for his team. But at some point you have to know when you can’t go. Moore hurt the offense more than he helped on Sunday, as it was clear he couldn’t block and was basically playing with one ankle. Get some rest, Moore. No one is going to hold it against you and we need you healthy for 2024 and beyond. Darnell Mooney, WR - A lot has been said about Mooney this year. It’s a shame that in a contract year things just haven’t come together for him. I don’t know what the issues are, but he just seems out of sync with everything. He had just two catches for five yards on four targets. Who did I miss? Who was on your up and down lists?

Source: https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2023/ ... stin-jones